Sunday Stitching Update

I have a confession: I worked more on Box of Delights:

I rationalized it because I happened to be slicing cherries one night and they were staining my hands, and then the next night it was beet greens. I thought I'd rather have a stain show up on this one than on K. We're so good at rationalizing what we want to stitch, aren't we? 

I finished the second part with random threads again. Mostly WDW, but also some Dinky Dyes from an Oops pack. 

I did also progress on K though and I think finishing the stitching is possible by the end of July. I think there's 300 or so cross stitches left. That doesn't include the back stitch and beading because that will take a while. 


It is exciting to be so close to a finish and I can't wait to get this one complete. I really like how the hand-dyed threads complement each other in the wings. The darker Vintage Violet showcases the motifs under the wings and the lighter Hydrangea fills in other accents in the wings. There is a lighter colour yet, called Cloud and that is the majority of the remaining cross stitches. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch


Comments

  1. Wonderful progress, Tiffany :-) I'm all for rationalizing why we stitch what we stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit that's the first time I've ever heard anyone use a (possible) stain as rationalisation, but I'm all for whatever works. Both projects are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fairly certain nothing would go on the fabric though, or I wouldn't have stitched anything. :)

      Delete
  3. Great progress Tiffany.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on both! Stitching rationalization is my middle name, I do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, I think it's universal for stitchers.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful progress on both pieces!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Finally Friday!

2017 Plans

Objective Complete!