Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Top 10 Tuesdays: Top 10 Autumn/Halloween Themed Charts

A few months ago I posted another top 10 post about 10 Halloween charts I must finish. You can check out that post here. I tried to pick a few more autumn charts for this list and some new Halloween charts I hadn't seen before, as well as a few I probably won't stitch, but they're intriguing.

TOP 10 AUTUMN/HALLOWEEN THEMED CHARTS

1. Let's Leap into Fall by Imaginating
I like the colours in this one and the fact these tend to stitch up pretty quickly. It's mostly backstitch, so I wouldn't recommend this one unless you like backstitching letters. 


2. Blissfully Unaware by Hands On Design

Isn't this awesome? I love this model and I love the chart. This is going on the wish list. And that fabric is gorgeous! I don't plan on changing out colours on this one, well, maybe for the moon? A nice hand-dyed thread?

3. Hooked on Halloween by Handblessings

I like the simplicity of this one and the fact it would stitch up quickly if you wanted to do something in say, the week before Halloween. Not that I ever leave things to the last minute, of course not...

4. Trick or Treat Sampler by Victoria Sampler

This one is really cool if you're into specialty stitches. I like the look of it and it may go on the wish list, but it's still a little scary as far as the complexity to me. Maybe I should gift it to Mrs. Milkybar Kid? She recently finished a gorgeous drawn thread design. 


5. Widow Black's B&B by Praiseworthy Stitches


Another fun Halloween design by a designer I usually don't stitch. They did a nice job of creating a spooky and interesting design with a lot of colour for a Halloween chart. I like the fabric as well and the opportunity to throw in some hand-dyed threads would be fun.

6. Harvest View Afghan by Wichelt

I really like this one! I have never attempted one of these designs that branches along an entire afghan, but I think they look so neat. I love how this one looks as if you're gazing out a window to an idyllic autumn scene. 

7. Happy Halloween by Ship's Manor

This one is out of my usual style, but something about it appeals to me. It's spooky enough for me as a Halloween design and I think I would likely turn it into a pillow vs. framing it, but it's a funky design and I like it. 

8. Autumn Ala Round by Glendon Place

This is a beautiful design of autumn leaves and again would likely make a gorgeous centerpiece on a Thanksgiving table. Especially for Canadian Thanksgiving since that was yesterday.

9. Quaker Gone Spooky by Michelle Ink Needlework Designs

Generally I'm not a fan of Quaker designs at all, but the way they turned the typical Quaker motifs into grave markers is so cool! What a neat idea. I still don't think I will stitch this one, but I thought it was worth showcasing since it's so creative. And maybe a darker fabric would be good to show off the grave markers?

10. Halloween Tree by Alessandra Adelaide Needlework

This is one of the few AAN charts that is actually spooky for Halloween. She's done more things I'd call cute over scary lately. I think the ghost is a little too much on this one and I'd probably would stitch just the tree. She does design trees really well. 

Hope you like the list and I make no apologies for stash-enhancement! And I also don't apologize for enhancement when you check out Keeb's and Kate's posts. 

Happy Browsing!

Tiffstitch

8 comments:

  1. Love, love #2 and the others are all new to me, so this was great. Thanks (I think) for the inspiration. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lOVE lots of these, they are all quite different! I am officially in lust with #4...I don't know that I would ever be able to stitch it but its lush. Some great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another great list! I made mine too difficult (yet again).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all. I have #2 in my stash. I need to start it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these! Even the Autumn Afghan which I would never stitch is really awesome the way they use the afghan fabric to make the window effect.
    I think my favourite is the Quaker Cemetary, such a clever way of mixing two styles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...