Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up - A Page Finish!

Thank you for all your comments! Work is definitely smoother now and will hopefully continue that way until the end of the year. 

I finished my first page of Princess and the Dragon! This has been fun and now that I've decided to outline areas and then fill them in it's much more enjoyable. I'll show you what I mean: 

I stitch this way:

And then I end up with an easy way to finish the page here:

since I'm only filling in instead of having to follow the pattern so closely it makes it a very easy stitch. 

The dragon's body stretches across 2 pages so it will be filled in when I'm on the next page to the right. I will likely go down next so it will wait for a while. 

With everything I feel like I "need" to finish and with 1 over 1 on 28count on Princess, I took a break and worked a little bit on the Jodyri butterfly quote putting in another full thread length of Pink Laydee:

This is a very easy stitch since it's on 14 count and I'm really enjoying how the colours are developing. The fabric is a little brighter and bluer than it shows here. 

Last night I was going to pick another CJC project to work on, but I felt like getting back to hardanger and checking the new colour for June. I love it! Although I completely forgot to check the name of it, so I'll try and get that for you tomorrow. 


I had enough time to finish the Kloster blocks and one leaf stitch as well as starting the border stitch. I think I'll manage to finish all the borders and leaf stitches as well as the designs that belong in each diamond, but I don't know that I'll be able to finish the inner X with cutting and wrapping by tomorrow. We'll see. 

I'm determined to get out Homeward Bound as soon as I finish this and see how far along I can get. I had hoped to finish it by November since I'd like to give it to my Grandma and here we are in October. 

There isn't a ton to do, just a little confetti on the top of the circle and a lot of sort of filigree details but I don't know if I have time to finish. It was too warm to stitch on it until recently and now I don't know if I have time. I'm not going to panic about it though. 

My current plan is finish June, work on Homeward Bound, start and finish July, work on Homeward Bound and maybe with luck I'll finish both in time to see my Grandma in mid-November. I'd like to finish at least one. 

I think I'll also finish-finish the Joy ornament so that if I can't finish both, I'll still have 2 gifts for her. 

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch





11 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! I can't wait to get back to stitching...I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thread for June is gorgeous :) and you've made plenty of progress on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching Tiffany.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have a lot of projects going!
    Love your dragon fabric!
    Beautiful stitching all around

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work!! I do your way of stitching on the dragon piece too. Then it's mindless fill in. Sometimes that really comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...