Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thrilling Thursday?

Hooray! Another square finished on my Song of the Weather afghan.

I used WDW perle #5 in Periwinkle and Caron Wildflowers #6033 I think. The horseshoe stitches aren't as flat as I'd like, but I'm okay with them overall. 

The original chart has beads as you can see in Mabel's original design:

Since I plan on making this into a lap rug/afghan I didn't think beads were a good choice for comfort and I stitched Greek crosses on mine instead. 

We've been re-watching the Back to the Future series when it showed up on Amazon Prime recently and finished BttF II last night. I managed to start August SOTW which has a complicated pattern of Kloster blocks, but I like stitching Kloster blocks, so it's been fun. The center has an interesting design and I hope I can make mine look as good as the others you can see in the SAL gallery

Here's my start with Caron Watercolours Abalone:

Mabel is planning a 2016 SAL, Round in Circles, and I'll be signing up for that one in December when she opens it up. I have lots of thread left from this one and I'm looking forward to continuing on with hardanger for occasional stitching. 

If you have any interest in hardanger Mabel gives great instructions on the new stitches and I've enjoyed learning them, so 2016 may be your year to try it out. :)

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch


6 comments:

  1. A lovely finish and a great start. That's good stitching in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely: Someday I will do Harganger, someday soon.
    Thank-you for stopping by my Blog.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! if you like SALs, I recommend trying Mabel's. :) And thank you for letting us know about Cindy's plight. I'm going to get a few things together too.

      Delete
  3. I think that these both look great - clever girl, you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! Congrats on the finish and the new start.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...