Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Adventures in April 2021

Here we are, not quite at the middle of the month and I'm finally getting my April post together. I think this is a little better than last month, plus I've been posting every day, so I'm not too worried about how long it's taken to get everything together. 

I think I mentioned about trying to get some finishes in April of some WIPs and I did manage a few. I had no particular pattern in mind, just grabbed whatever seemed relatively close to a finish and what I was interested in actually getting finished last month. First off was a recent start from Mischievous March:

Patsy Pine by Mill Hill
stitched 3 over 1/2 over 1 as charted
using kit perforated paper, floss and beads

I liked these ones, there wasn't too any beads really, mostly cross stitch for the majority of this project. 
Next up was one I'd started a couple years ago for the Jodyri vs. KLT challenge group. I don't really have time to check on that group any more, so I'm not sure if it's still active. 

Blackwork Poppy by Jodyri Designs
stitched 1 over 1 and 2 over 1 mostly blackwork with some cross stitch with DMC 310
on 18ct Galaxy Aida by Jodyri

This was a fun little stitch and there is a stem in the pattern, but I didn't stitch that part. I think I might add my great-uncle's info on it since he died in WWII, but haven't decided on that part for sure. 

Another recent WIP was next up:
Cindy Cane by Mill Hill
stitched 3 over 1/2 over 1 as charted
with kit perforated fabric, threads and beads

These were fun to stitch up and now I just have to back them with some felt and add hangers and I have 2 more ornaments for Christmas. These will be for DD since they're quite like the Mouse in If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff. 


Next up we have a recentish start, from the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge in 2020. 
Loved You Yesterday by Cherry Hill Stitchery
stitched 2 over 2 on 18ct damask by Silkweavers
with stash theads, including Jodyri Glinda the Good, Sparkling Citrine, WDW Caribbean and Liberty

I liked this one and it was fun to use some stash threads as well. The damask isn't the easiest to stitch on because it tends to split a bit at the holes, so I definitely needed a Qsnap on this one. 

The last finish took quite a while because it had a lot of stitching left. I chose it because it had a limited colour palette and that's how I was feeling at the time. I'm really glad to have finished it though, it was started a long time ago, possibly 2015 for the Crazy January Challenge?

Twilight LeMans by Heritage Stitchcraft
stitched 2 over 2/1 over 2 as chart demanded with called for threads
on 28ct linen, unsure where it came from

Also, I did manage a couple thousand tent stitches on Amazing Animal Kingdom and it's moved along a bit farther. I think it's neat how you can see the baby elephant outline there. 

Amazing Animal Kingdom by Aimee Stewart charted by HAED
stitched 2 over 1 tent stitch as charted on 32ct Chromatic Alchemy experiment fabric


 And that was April! Lots of stitching accomplished and 4 good finishes that I'm really happy to have completed. 

The start-itis continues in May, so stay posted! 

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

6 comments:

  1. Nice work in April! It's good to get some older projects finished too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, it definitely feels good to get some finishes.

      Delete
  2. A lovely variety of stitching, great progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did lots of stitching in April! I love the Twilight LeMans and the mice are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does feel like a lot looking back at it.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...