Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Stitch Maynia 2021 Start #12

Hello again! Keeping with yesterday's theme, this is another Halloween project, but it is a larger one. However, I was able to finagle it into Pattern Keeper, so I'm very excited about that. This may look familiar:

Yup, it's the Universal Monsters SAL, only this time in black and white. I completely blame Michelle McGraw for this start. I think she started this one in the summer of 2020. I loved the look of it on the fabric she chose and I thought if I managed to get some of the same fabric, then I would do the same thing. If you haven't seen her FlossTube, I linked to it on her name and she's quite fun to watch. She's currently stitching a lot of ornament size seasonal projects over the year. 

Here's my start:

Universal Monsters SAL in black and white by The Witchy Stitcher
stitched 2 over 2 as charted
on 32ct opalescent This is Halloween by BeStitchMe

The fabric is a little more orange in real life, like this:


If you're not familiar with BeStitchMe, just like I wasn't until a few months ago, she's a dyer in the US and has occasional Friday Night Fight Night sales on her in stock fabric. You can order customs as well and I think it's a month or so to get the fabric, so fairly typical of hand dyed fabric orders. 

I managed to snag a few different ones at some fight nights and have only just started stitching on them. I think this is the 3rd different fabric I've tried from her, and that's all just this month. That was another reason I wanted to start a few different things, my fabric stash is starting to outgrow its current storage. 

I hope you've all had a good day and are staying well. Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch



4 comments:

  1. I love it in black and white, it's just perfect! The fabric is great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I couldn't resist when this one came out. I will give one away and keep the other.

      Delete
  2. I love this design, but now I have a bit of a conundrum at my hands - black and white or colours?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult, so choose both! Like me. :)

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...