Friday, May 21, 2021

Stitch Maynia 2021 Start #21

Today's start is not part of the seasonal theme. There's a few of these this month, and that one extra I added a couple days ago now too! I was talking with another stitching friend and after a long week of work (it's only 2 days yet and feels like it's been a week) I decided to start this one:

Have you ever had the feeling when something comes together just perfectly and works out even better than you'd hoped? I had admired this pattern, but hadn't purchased it because I'd been debating about fabric and then Chromatic Alchemy had a odds and ends sale and I tried to purchase this one because I loved the idea of this pattern on that fabric. I ended up winning the chance to buy it and am going to use black for the dragon, so it's like it's rising against a sun or fire, that type of look. 

Here's my start:
Samurai by Fire Wing Designs
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct Fire Rooster by Chromatic Alchemy
with Madeira black 

This is my first time stitching with Madeira and doubled it's quite thick, so the coverage is excellent. I think I'm comfortable enough with the 2 over 2, although maybe 1 over 2 would have been easier. 

I hope you're all staying well and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

7 comments:

  1. This is just stunning and totally serendipitous too!
    ps the two dots are called a trema or a “diaeresis”. I Googled it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, exactly the right word for it. :)

      Delete
  2. Tiff: Sweet design, the fabric is perfect.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is stunning - perfect pattern choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I'm loving this one already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is the perfect combination and is going to look fantastic!
    I have a small piece of this Fire Rooster fabric and a lovely haunted house silhouette I want to stitch on it... I just need to reach that elusive 'one day' to start it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Mischievous March Wrap-Up

I managed to start 5 projects this past month, even if I didn't get that much progress on any of them.  First up are the Sweet Annet sta...