Saturday, May 15, 2021

Start Maynia 2021 Start #15

Woah..we're halfway there! Any Bon Jovi fans? My SIL is still a Bon Jovi fan and had tons of his music at their wedding. She danced to a bunch of it, so that was fun. 

I'm back to another stocking today and I remembered to take a photo of the front of the magazine for anyone who might be interested. 

I found this at one of the big box stores, maybe A.C. Moore, and that closed in 2019. It has some fun designs, including these stockings naturally. 

I managed to get a bit farther on #2, and added a little colour:
Stocking ornaments
stitched 2 over 2 on 28ct scrap fabric with DMC 701 and 703 (not as charted)

The colours charted for these are red, pink and blue. I changed out the red for green and I think this matches the colour palette for the blue and pink ones as well. This was about 400 stitches I think, and let's say it all together now! "With another day or two I can finish these" :)

I'm looking forward to starting the 3rd one tomorrow and seeing if I can get more colour in it as well. Or maybe I'll concentrate on this one a bit longer and see if I can finish it off. I'm really enjoying this pattern for some reason. I don't know if you can tell, but the large pattern on the stocking "foot" is going to be a big star. 

Hope you're all staying healthy and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, your post made me laugh out loud! Hope you can find those days to finish everything before next challenge start, haha:D
    Over here I'm thinking more like 'with another decade or two I can finish these':DD Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a much more realistic estimate. :) Thank you and stay well!

      Delete
  2. Great design, I think we're all optimistic stitchers who always think there are more stitching hours than reality hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiff: I love the color green, I still have all the Holiday magazines from way back its fun to pick out something to stitch.
    You have made great progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a bit of Bon Jovi, I saw them supporting Kiss back in 1984 just after they released Runaway. Still got the tshirt somewhere!
    Also, nice stocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! You saw all the greats. :) Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Guess that answers my question about the other stockings! This one looks great, love the colour decision.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...