Wednesday, January 7, 2015

CJC 2015 - Day 7 - Hélène et Mahélia SAL

I started following Hélène et Mahélia after reading about the site on Cross Stitch Review. Mel of CSR gave a great summary of Hélène's site and how her SALs work. The first section goes up free for everyone, but if you want the other parts to finish, you need to send Hélène a photo of your progress. 

I completed stage 5 of the Xmas Mystery SAL here:

and now I just need to complete step 6, which is filling in all the empty space with DMC 3865 and the back stitch. I only managed to get a little bit of the white filled in today, but this is small enough that I should be finished soon. 

There are lots of really neat designs on Hélène's site and she has some very clever ideas. I enjoyed the process of this SAL since Hélène gives out the chart by giving you all the stitches of one or two colours at a time. I'll show you all  of my progress photos so you can see what I mean. 

Part 1 - a duck?

Part 2 - questionable chest lumps

Part 3 - still those questionable lumps

Part 4 - they're mittens!

It's been a fun and interesting stitch, especially at first when I was trying to figure out what those apron pockets really were.. ;)

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch


2 comments:

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...