Sunday, July 12, 2015

From the WIP Pile

I'm concentrating on the projects I listed in this post as the 10 I would most like to finish this year. I managed to complete 2 of them already, K and The Good Life and am working on Housework by Lizzie Kate now. 

I modified the colours slightly to ones that I had in my stash and I think this will be finished within another few days. It's a nice easy stitch and I'm using WDW which are colorfast on plain white Aida so it can be washed if necessary. There are only 3 more colours to go. A medium purple for the last line of text, some blue on the sides as a border and a yellow in the middle of the flowers. 

So far I've used WDW Azaleas on "Housework" and I love how that turned out. The flowers are WDW Camellia and the leaves WDW Foliage and I didn't use the brownish parts of that colour. The "never killed anyone" is in WDW Grasshopper. 

I also pulled Midnight Manor out of the WIP pile and that will likely be next. Although I've also started the butterfly quote for the Summertime Stitching SAL group on Facebook. I'm using Jodyri threads which are not colour fast, so I may only stitch on days when it's not too hot. It will be hard since I love the colours already though!

Floss toss:
small start:

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch




11 comments:

  1. Ooh! Those are really nice colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I'm impressed by the size of the skeins. Jodyri gives you more floss than WDW does in one of theirs.

      Delete
  2. Housework looks great and those are beautiful colours inn your floss toss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new start Tiffany. Great progress on Housework.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll have to have a few more before I can catch up to you. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful stitching!! I have seen a similar quote, 'housework won't kill you , but why risk'. It's funny and apt for all the crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching!! Love the threads you picked for the butterfly quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am WAY too chicken to change thread colors so that just goes to show how much better you guys are than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always scared to change colours too, and I forget why I changed, maybe just didn't have what I needed and couldn't afford to buy the recommended floss? And you'll see on the next post I kept the colours as similar as I could. :)

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...