Sunday, July 26, 2015

Stitching Sunday - To Frog or Not to Frog

I was doing really well on Midnight Manor until I realized I was off half a stitch on everything on the left side, except the Jack O'Lantern since that was based off of the Manor itself. 


I was frustrated with myself since I thought I'd been careful with the moon and how the branch lined up. But I got to the Jack O'Lantern and it was floating one half stitch above the gate. The decision to frog or not to frog didn't take me too long though. I was not up to re-stitching the entire tree and cat and bat. 

I added a line of 2 over 1 under the Jack O'Lantern so the gap wasn't as obvious and continued on. 


I had Friday and Saturday off and I was able to stitch a lot because DD kept playing by herself and I got all my chores done while she was playing. She was in a fantastic mood those 2 days and it was nice to be home with her. DH is still recovering from a weird heat exhaustion/flu type of thing so DD and I spent a lot of time together. 

I also started wearing my reading glasses when I stitched and I think that helped me progress a little faster too. Less squinting and it's easier to read the chart. It made the CFL games on ESPN3 a little blurry, but good enough. 

I hope everyone else had a great weekend, happy stitching!

Tiffstitch


13 comments:

  1. Smart choice - I know I wouldn't have frogged all that for a fixable mistake. It's looking great - you've gotten in a lot of stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, it's coming together well aside from the mistake.

      Delete
  2. It's looking nice!! I don't bother frogging a mistake that doesn't make any difference if stitched correctly and when it is hardly noticeable seeing from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and good! I'm glad most of us would do the same.

      Delete
  3. Wow this is a great piece. I wouldn't have frogged it for that either. I think you made a good choice to continued on and adjust a little to compensate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, it's been really fun to see all the motifs come together.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you didn't frog it! I love this piece!
    Yours is looking great, and so close to a finish:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I'll be happy to have this one finished.

      Delete
  5. Good choice not to frog! Too much lovely work would be lost. You fixed it so well I wouldn't have known there was a mistake. Glad to hear you had some quality time with your daughter. I hope your hubby feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and he's pretty much 100% at this point. I know I wouldn't have picked this up again if I had to re-stitch all of that.

      Delete
  6. I'm more of a frogger myself, but considering how much you had already done, you definitely made the right choice. I probably would have wasted more time and just started over (as I have done numerous times), but I've never been known for my common sense.

    I used to use a magnifying light, but I found that reading glasses do work better (especially since I typically work on 28ct).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, I know I wouldn't have attempted it again if I had to start over. I don't seem to enjoy stitching things over again, plus I love that fabric and don't have any more.

      I finally gridded more of my 32 count 1 over 1 piece with the Frixion pens you recommended and the reading glasses made a big difference.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...