Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WIP Wednesday and Stitch from Stash

Month: $25 July opening balance
Spent: $20 at 123stitch.com
              $8 at Charting Creations etsy store
Earned: $12 for K
                $8 for The Good Life
                $6 for Housework
                                                         
Totals:  $23 to carry over to August

This is my first SFS post, so I hope I'm doing it correctly.

And on to my WIP, Midnight Manor:


I managed a decent amount over the last 2 days and I'm really enjoying stitching with these threads. The only one that's a pain is the Kreinik #4 GITD thread, but I love the effect so much I'll keep at it. I even added eyes to the bat and cat and will do so for the owl and spider as well that show up on the other side. 

The tree is stitched with The Gentle Art Soot and I love the effect it has for tree bark. I think it works perfectly. I'm using WDW Mascara for the animals so far since it has such a nice blackness to it. 

Overall this has been a very enjoyable stitch so far and I will likely continue on. Possibly to a finish? We'll see. 

I also purchased this recently from Charting Creations and I cannot wait to start it! 


I have the fabric picked out, Amarinthine by Chromatic Alchemy and I'll stitch it 1 over 1 with DMC 310. Not that it's been on my mind much or anything.... :)

And that reminds me, remember this one? 

When I finished I had noticed the pattern had an error on the 2nd last row and "LOVED" was slightly off compared to the rest of the chart. The designer, Zindagi Designs contacted me out of the blue and said she was horrified to know her chart had an error. She's fixed the error in the chart and sent me a corrected copy too, which was very nice. 

And she did this a couple months ago, but I kept forgetting to post about it. So if you're interested in the design, the chart is even better now. :)

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch




22 comments:

  1. Great job with your SFS report! I hadn't seen your three finishes; congrats, they're beautiful! Lovely progress on Midnight Manor. I like the floss you used for the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The floss is appropriately named Jack O'Lantern by Weeks.

      Delete
  2. The Midnight Manor is looking really good and the glow in the dark floss is well worth the time - I think I would get a bit glow in the dark happy and everything would have it! lol I can't wait to see it finished and you have me thinking about my Halloween stitches....but must focus on Frozen! aaagh.....ok...ok....I'll let it go....let it go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats and bats and all things spooky! It's looking great and the extra touches are really going to add a wonderful look. How nice of the designer of Promise Me. Looking forward to seeing your new stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I'm looking forward to starting it. :)

      Delete
  4. great job on the sfs, love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. amo i ricami di halloween, bellissimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good progress on midnight manor. Looking great!! Lovely quote on the new chart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a fun stitch and it's progressing quickly.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the comments on my blog. You are a "no reply" so here I am to return the favour!
    I love your Hallowe'en piece and the new chart is gorgeous. But it's so big!! Hopefully being just one colour it won't take as long as some of those computer generated charts. Have you decided on a fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just spotted that you have picked the fabric LOL

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I don't know how to fix my "no reply" status because Google + kind of messed everything up. But now that it's being discontinued maybe I can figure it out. I'm hoping it won't take too long to progress, but yes, it's big!!

      Delete
  8. Wow great progress on Stitching from Stash, love the new pattern, I looked up the fabric, what a lovely color choice.
    Thank-you for stopping by my blog.


    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I glanced at the top of your post I just saw "$6 for housework" which puzzled me for a split second until I realised it was part of your SFS Report lol! Great work on Midnight Manor and I love your new chart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering DH does all of the housework, that could be a true amount :) Thank you!

      Delete
  10. I love the Halloween one, but that Alice and Jabberwocky is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to start it but I'm trying to finish some other WIPs first.

      Delete
  11. You've done quite well with your SFS and your new pattern is going to be stunning, particularly on that fabric (you're not trying to enable, now are you? :B).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who, me? ;) with nice easy links in every post? Thanks for the SFS info too.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...