Thursday, July 9, 2015

Turtle Trot - July Edition

There's been no word from our host Claudette at BAP Attack for a couple months now. I hope all is well with her and her family. I thought I would continue on with my Turtle Trot posts as I like how well I've been progressing through everything. 

I have a new finish to announce first of all! K is complete!

10. K by Nora Corbett

And some close-ups of the beading: 



This was a very fun stitch. I liked the use of hand dyed threads to avoid confetti and the beads weren't difficult. I really enjoy the effect they make. The shiny effect is difficult to see in the full photo, so I hope the close-ups make it more obvious. I did change the large beads on her dress from the charted dark pink to purple since I had those in my stash. 

4. The Good Life kit by Dimensions was here:

and is getting close to a finish as well:

I didn't progress on anything else yet, but it's definitely time to get out something else to work on. I would like to finish a lot of other projects before the year is out, but there's also the Summertime SAL that I joined and I'd like to start on the butterfly quote by Jodyri designs. You can see a finished one here on Mrs. MBK's blog

So we'll see where the next month gets us. I wouldn't mind finishing this little guy since he's well on his way. 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch





11 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish, and your WIP is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Congrats on the finish. I fall in love with the dog one every time you post it. So adorable!!! I just had to go look at the butterfly quote too and OMG how fantastic!!! Where do you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The butterfly quote is from the Jodyri Designs Facebook group. It's free when you join as well as several other great patterns.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the beautiful finish Tiffany. Nice progress on the other.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beading is gorgeous! What a wonderful piece and I can't wait to see it framed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. K looks fabulous - hooray for the finish! The puppy is just adorable - great progress there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your finish on K, she is gorgeous! You've reminded me I must get on and finish finish my Butterfly Quote......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, my drawer of shame is running out of space, I really need to finish finish some of these too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...