Monday, January 11, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 11 - Somebunny to Love

Thank you for all your understanding on me being behind on thanking you and posting on your blogs!

Another finish, yay! I did pull out Good Friend to finish it before I picked up today's challenge piece, and it's done!




I know my friend will get a kick out of it and I just need to find a nice 4x6 frame to put it in. Probably black? This is the second time I stitched this and I've enjoyed selecting the colours both times. I rarely repeat stitch, so this is unusual for me, but it's a short, fun piece and it may come out again in the future, you never know. :)

And now on to today's Challenge piece. This is from WOXS issue 183 that Kate gifted to me last year when she was de-stashing. Today's progress:

As you can see, this is Somebunny to Love. This will be my first Somebunny stitching, and I debated about which project, but this will again be a gift for DD hopefully, and this seemed to fit her personality right now. The question is will it still fit her by the time I finish? Well, again, I hope to finish this one this year, so we'll see. 

I'm stitching it on 28 count Lugana Aether from Chromatic Alchemy's FOTM. It's a lovely muted blue/pink and seemed to fit the background well. I managed a decent amount after all the backstitching on Good Friend and I'm happy with the start. I am missing one DMC colour, but I think I can substitute another. 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

9 comments:

  1. The fun piece is looking pretty!! Somebunny is a cute start:) Your daughter is still small so you have plenty of time. Moreover, girls love cute things even when they are grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your finish. It's really sweet. Somebunny looks like it will be fun to stitch as there's so much going on. Perfect fabric for it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a pretty start! I'm prioritising stitching for my kids this year before they get too old to want Mum's stitching on their bedroom walls. Great finish too, I agree a simple black frame would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your latest finish.
    Great new start. I LOVE the fabric you have chosen for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the too cute finish!!! Love your new start. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the cute finish and another cute start Tiffany.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a black frame would be great for that project! And hey, don't worry about keeping up with comments and blogs, you've got your hands full!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish and I think a black frame would be perfect for it. Cute new start too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the finish! Somebunny is a great design and will be appreciated long after she is a big girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...