Tuesday, January 19, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 19 - Reflections of Canada

Thank you all for your comments and support. This is becoming more of a grind, so I switched things up from my "plan" and started something new that I'd been holding back. 

Finally I'm bringing out one of my most anticipated starts for 2016. Reflections of Canada by Ink Circles. It's an exclusive design to Thread & Eye, a LNS in London, Ontario. I convinced my parents to stop by on my last visit home to them and Mom and I had a great time! Dad was done a lot earlier than Mom and I were, but even she was done well before me. 

If you're ever in London, Ontario, make sure you stop by. They do sell the chart by mail-order/phone order, so you can also give them a call. They're revamping the website, so you can find them on Facebook for now. 

Reflections of Canada will look like this when finished:
from inkcircles.com

I used to live near London, Ontario, but that was well before Thread & Eye opened. I'm looking forward to going back the next time we visit my parents. She has a lovely amount of hand-dyed fabrics you can browse through, plus she stocks Dinky Dyes threads! 

Time to stop salivating and show you my start:

I'm stitching on 25 count ivory linen with Jodyri threads in Ruby Slippers. You can see a CN tower on the left with a beaver tail started just to the right, and on the right side is the start of a totem pole. There's a Mountie head below the totem pole and a maple leaf to the left of that. It's a very fun piece to work on. 

I was really undecided about mandalas in general, but when they have designs that really grab me, they are fun to stitch. I hope I can get back to this one soon. 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch


8 comments:

  1. Mandalas don't really grab me either, but I am taken with this one, especially in red. It's looking lovely so far.
    If you're finding the January/February challenge to be a bit of a grind, why not consider stopping at the end of January? Afterall, it's supposed to be for fun, not a burden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest exactly the same as Rachel, but to stop now! It's our hobby and supposed to be a pleasure.
    I don't really like the idea of stitching a mandala especially the Chatelaine ones as they're so involved, but this one is really nice! One colour should make it much quicker and easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog .... what a lot of lovely things you have chosen for the challenge, a braver girl than me doing it.
    Your kitty is adorable!
    I'll be back....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed my needles are slowing down a little too. I took a break the other day and colored and I noticed that helped a little.

    Love this one. Since it's "home" I bet you will really enjoy it. Love the thread color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I've just got caught up with all your posts! So many gorgeous projects you have chosen so far! I look forward to watching them all grow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you finally got to start that one! It's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a gorgeous piece. I love monochrome pieces, but I rarely seem to do any for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!!! Not only do I love Ink Circles but I'm Canadian!! How did I not know about this pattern. It's so sweet!! I've already gone and posted on their site to see how I get it from Thread & Eye. Looks just awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...