Monday, January 4, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 4 - Princess and the Dragon WIP

Thank you for all your wonderful comments on the Letters! I hope to get back to them soon. 

I wanted to start the New Year off right with a brand new start, but I couldn't wait to get back to The Princess and the Dragon. I love the Amarinthine fabric and I have made a promise to myself to only buy Chromatic Alchemy's fabric from now on. I signed up for her Fabric of the Month and have not been disappointed yet. Plus I have all these pretty pieces to find projects for. :) 

In case you've forgotten since my last update, the chart is available from Charting Creations and there's a large version, as well as a kind of sequel, Triumphant Ride. I've promised myself not to start that one until I finish Princess and the Dragon.

And here's where I was at my last update at the end of November with Max looking on:

And here's where I am now:

I ended up miscounting on the left side of the arching tree and I had to frog a bunch, so I didn't progress as much as I had hoped. I managed to re-do some of what I had stitched originally. The odd little area to the left is the start of the Princess. 

I feel like this is a doubtful finish for this year because of DUCJFC and wanting to get the Letters done as soon as possible. I had planned on keeping this one out, but I put it away again to make sure I progress on some other projects first. 

Happy Stitching! And don't forget about the Stitchery Link-Up Party,

Tiffstitch

12 comments:

  1. I see progress and progress is progress. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project and fabric Tiffany.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the frogs, but you've still made progress and that's what counts. It's looking good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still made some progress. We should acknowledge the negative progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful progress, especially when the frog came to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great and the fabric is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty piece! Hope to see it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see this one out again and the progress is noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As others have said... progress is noticeable. And that fabric is beautiful.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...