Sunday, January 3, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 3 - Letters From Nora - G

And here we are again, Day 3 and let's hope my counter from Cirrus Creations helped me count correctly to find the middle of the "G" for today's post. 

Here's what "G" will look like:

and here's where I am so far:

Oddly I don't feel that I progressed as far on this letter even though I had more stitching time. Possibly I did since I did finish an entire length of CC Whatley Woodlands and the other letters I had to change colours a couple times, so it feels like I accomplished more? 

Again this is the beautiful Nuriel's Forest and I can't wait to get back to stitching on this one. I'm thinking I'll leave it in the Qsnaps and wrap a clean pillowcase around it to keep dust away and hopefully put a thread or two in a few times a week. It's ambitious to hope to finish this by November with all the others I'm planning on, but I think it's possible. 

My plan right now is to go back to "S" and finish it first except for beading and that will give me a better idea if everything is lined up well. Again, I think it is, but time will tell. I do think this was a good first project since I had December 31st off unexpectedly (flu) and January 1st and 2nd to try and measure everything out properly. It was easier today to start where I had marked it out yesterday. 

And worst case if I have counted wrong, at least I won't have stitched much on the 2nd and 3rd letters. The odd thing is the "S" is slightly smaller than the other 2, but only by about 12 stitches, so not a lot. 

I hope everyone had a great New Year's weekend and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

13 comments:

  1. That sounds like a plan! Beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like these alphabet letters ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful start. I hope everything works out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful starts! You had gorgeous finishes last year, too. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely start Tiffany. That is going to be so pretty when done. Your husband will love it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I hope DD loves it too. DH helped pick the fabric.

      Delete
  6. Well done on your start again. Fingers crossed you've counted properly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your start again. Fingers crossed you've counted properly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also stitching Nora's letters this year! I'm aiming to get three completed by Easter to give to my Godmother's grandaughters.
    I love your fabric and I'm keeping my fingers crossed you measured correctly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...