Friday, January 1, 2016

January 1st 2016 - Start of DUCJFC

It's not too late to join Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January/February Challenge! If you're interested there's a Facebook group you can join or let Linda know your plans. 

I'm starting off 2016 with a new start that's sort of 3 in 1. I'll be stitching DH's initials from the Nora Corbett series of Letters from Nora. First up will be "S":

I'm stitching them with the charted threads and using 28 count Nuriel's Forest from Chromatic Alchemy. I cannot say how much I love this fabric! The colour patterns go from white to a subtle blue through various shades of green, I love it! 

I plan to work on "H" tomorrow and "G" on Sunday, so wish me luck and here we go with 60 different projects for January and February. I'm not doing all new starts; I got the okay to bring out some WIPs as well, so you'll see some projects from last year as well. 

My plan is to finish the 3 letters by November, so I'll be keeping this as a major focus piece once I'm done the 60 days of different projects. Maybe on a day off when I might have 2 stitching sessions this will come out again? I'd like to progress on it a little more when I can to make sure I get it done. 

I have most of the threads and some of the beads, so there will be an order in to 123stitch soon I imagine to get the rest. 

Good luck everyone that is joining in and Happy New Year to all!

Tiffstitch

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric. Great project. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is lovely fabric. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your new starts and WIPs emerge again so I've got a nice variety to look forward to and you've got a lovely variety to stitch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it's not too much variety to make it feel burdensome. :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful new start for the new year, and the fabric is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome start Tiffany. Blue and green together are my favorite colors. Lovely fabric.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you would love this fabric, and some of her others too. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Lovely start! 60 projects on the go will make for lots of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're brave. Lovely fabric and colours for #1. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 60 projects...holy smokes!
    Off to a lovely start though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are insane, but it's going to be fun watching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...