Sunday, January 17, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 17 - Everyone Brings Joy

I was gifted this chart by a fellow CSF member a few years ago: 
from stitchingbitsandbobs.com

I've been looking for a reason to start it and now is the perfect time! It shouldn't be too long a stitch and it's a good way to use up some of my variegated thread stash. 

Here's my start!

I'm stitching on (I think) 14 count oatmeal Aida and stitching 2 over 1 using leftover variegated threads from other projects. So far I've used WDW Peacock, Bayberry, Camellia, Azaleas, and Purple Haze respectively. There will be more! 

I enjoyed stitching it so much I stayed up too late and finished watching the Jessica Jones Netflix series. If you like more realistic superhero shows, if that even makes sense, this was good. Weird, but good. Jessica Jones is a P.I. and is exceptionally strong and can jump/fall really far, but she can't fly. She's also been traumatized by someone putting her under mind control and drinks. A lot. She cares about people and wants to help but also wants to be left alone. The actor does a tremendous job making you love and hate her depending on what's going on. Good things happen, but really bad things happen too, and I hope that helps you decide if you want to watch it. 

I'm really excited about watching The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared. I loved listening to the book both times and it has decent reviews. Has anyone else read it or have you watched it? Anyone else not know it was a movie too? :)

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch


11 comments:

  1. Love the design Tiffany. Nice start.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's been a fun stitch and I hate having to put it down. It feels like it's going quickly, even if it isn't necessarily that quick a stitch.

      Delete
  2. What an excellent idea for using up left over threads! You've made a really good start. Can't help you on the film, I'm afraid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that saying! It's something I always say to my mum when we leave her house - we brought pleasure arriving and now more pleasure by going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that chart :)! You are doing so well on your DUCJFC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely chart!! I haven't heard about that book or movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start! That saying is wonderful....and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great start! Love the saying haha. I think we are the only house left without a subscription to netflix haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That one seems to be stitching up very quickly and at least you get to use thread stash!

    I really liked Jessica Jones...it was very dark and broody (just what I like), but David Tennant was the definite star of the show! I LOVE him as a bad guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very true saying and I'm really liking your floss choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...