Friday, January 8, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 8 - Good Friend

Today I worked on a fun, light-hearted design from who else but Sue Hillis. I've stitched this for another friend previously and I think the friend I'm stitching it for now will appreciate it just as much. 

Here's the original design on the right in this photo:

and where I am today:

I'm stitching it on 14 count unknown aida from Silkweavers I believe and I'm using DMC 310 for the wording, unknown Dinky Dyes for the cream colour, WDW Liberty for the bright red, a DMC metallic for the medium red and the darker red is DMC 115. 

My friend's favourite colour is red, and I thought it looked okay on this scrap of aida, so I hope to finish it up at the next time I pull it out. Finishing by her birthday in April would be ideal. :)

I hope the first week of the challenge went well for everyone!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely fun idea - though I never like to stitch the same thing twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start and such a true saying! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the color changes you did. The saying is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great saying - and so very true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...