Thursday, January 7, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 7 - Autumn Elegance

Thank you for all your supportive comments on yesterday's fabric/thread combo! I'm pretty happy with it so far as well, although I'm still not sold on blackwork.

Today I'm changing things up a bit again. This is not cross stitch. I think you'd call it needlepoint or bargello? Anyways, it's something completely different for me and I've enjoyed it a lot so far. 

I chose this project from Cross Stitch and Needlework November 2014 and the title is Autumn Elegance. I decided I'd rather stitch this as a Xmas gift though, so I changed up the colours. 

Here's my start and a photo of the original magazine so you can see what the finished project will look like and how I changed the colours.


I'm using Caron Watercolours in Holiday, Moonglow, Emerald and Cardinal. I love, love, love how it's coming together so far and I can't wait to get back to this one. It's a relatively easy stitch on ivory 22 count hardanger fabric as well. 

Do any of you like branching out to try different techniques?

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

11 comments:

  1. It's looking beautiful !! I know Bargello and it is on my to do list for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn colours but I also like your Christmas conversion. It's looking good so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love it! I love trying new things. Great start on it and I love your changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "Holiday Elegance" is looking great! I don't think I could stick with just one technique. I have to have a lot of different ones going at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful start Tiffany. I love the colors your using. I'm old and don't like change. I'm very happy making little x's. LOL

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Considering you also do a lot of crochet, I think that counts!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful start Tiffany. I love the colors your using. I'm old and don't like change. I'm very happy making little x's. LOL

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, with excellent colour changes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...