Wednesday, January 6, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 6 Fleur de Lys

I think most people finished this SAL by Brodeuse Bressane a couple years ago, but I never started it, even though I had downloaded all the steps. 

I couldn't decide what fabric and threads I wanted to use until I had a brilliant thought that I would stitch this with white thread on blue fabric to represent a little bit of Quebec in our house. DH was definitely happy with that plan and then it was a matter of finding just the right colour of blue fabric. 

I eventually found it at Battenkill Stitchery in Vermont. It's a nice 28 count linen. I prefer evenweave, but I hadn't found a good blue that I knew was the correct colour, so I chose this while away on a business trip. It might be a good thing for my budget that they're a decent drive away.

DH approved the colour choice and I'm using satin B5200 for the thread to help the white show up well. 

What do you think?

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

11 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. Will definitely pop on that beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks lovely so far with the white and blue really contrasting and complimenting each other. Definitely a good choice of fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I don't remember seeing this SAL before. The stitching is so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric is beautiful, and the white really does pop on it! It's going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. White on blue is simply perfect for this design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fabric choice. Looks wonderful, looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices. They are complimenting each other beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...