Saturday, January 16, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 16 - Rejoice Tree

And we're back to another new chart today, and fun with fabric and floss!

I'm starting the Rejoice Tree Ornament by M Designs tonight and it will look something like this when complete:
from theangelsnook.com

I decided to change up the colours and stitch it on 14 count Aida (3 over 1) from Silkweavers and I'm using Waterlilies Nefertiti:

I managed a decent start while watching The Daily Show with Trevor Noah and some more Poirot. I think I have enough thread in the one skein to finish the whole tree. That didn't occur to me until I'd already made a good start with 3 over 1. I didn't think 2 over 1 would cover the fabric enough. Let's hope I'm right. 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

13 comments:

  1. Great start Tiffany and I love the floss.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree looks lovely in your chosen colour. You definitely need 3 over 1 on 14ct so I hope you have enough to finish it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! Sorry to disagree with Rachel but I never stitch 3 over 1! I might try it though as yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful chart, and it's stunning with that fabric and floss! Fingers crossed for you that you have enough floss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful !! I liked yours as well as the thread/fabric choice in the original design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh love your color combination. Thanks for the reminder I have two of these I need to do. I got our names a long long time ago to do haha. I think I finished Jeremiah's somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful start, really pretty. Can't wait to watch it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Never tried 3 over 1 on 14ct but I can understand why you'd do this. The coverage will be much better. Can't wait to see this one again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first thought I had when I saw the picture was it turned purple in my mind...not sure why but I imagined it on purple fabric with metallic purple threads...do you think I have a one track mind?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous floss choice and a great fabric as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...