Wednesday, January 20, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 20 - Dragon Dreams Dragonlets of 2012 Day 1

How's that for a title to a post? :) I've admired Dragon Dreams patterns for a couple years now and hadn't really known about them until then. Although no new designs will come out for sale, there are still some available at most online LNS' and possibly your local LNS. 

These little dragons are still available on her Facebook group I believe if you're interested in stitching them. Here's my start on Day 1:

I'm stitching it as charted except for adding Kreinik blending filament to the dragon and stitching the number in #4 Kreinik braid. The first 6 should fit on the top part of some 19 count afghan fabric I have hanging around. I think I'll do the last 6 on the bottom and then I'll have to decide what goes all around the edges. 

Thank you for all your comments yesterday about how this was getting to be a grind. I hope to manage the 60 starts, but like some of you said, it is supposed to fun and if it isn't, then I'll stop. I enjoy stitching too much to "challenge" myself out of it. I feel like there should be some effort to it since it is a challenge. I had kind of a rough week last week at work and I think I was feeling overwhelmed. We'll see how it goes this week and where I get to. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch


11 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love these Dragon Dreams Dragonlets. You've made really good progress so far and I will enjoy watching you start (and finish?) all 12. At least we now know 11 of your remaining starts!
    Glad you're feeling more relaxed this week and are continuing onwards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you are busy at work, you still made lot of progress and doing well in the challenge!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Jo stitch these, it will be fun seeing yours grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun start! The afghan sounds like a great idea. I'm glad you're happier about the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice (as always!) and really good progress!! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress! I know you'll make it through, so don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good start. I love Jennifer's designs and Have a few of her charts in my To Do pile. Hopefully this will be a better week and the challenge will just be a challenge, not a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress on this start already! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've seen these before so I look forward to seeing them. Glad things have settled down a bit for you. Hope the mojo continues for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...