Sunday, January 31, 2016

DUCJFC 2016 - January 31 - WW Tribal Dragon WIP

Thank you for all your fun comments and guesses on the Peanuts characters! They're fun to work on except for the fractionals on Aida. I took a break today from new starts and went back to a WIP from early 2014. That's not too bad for me. I've got quite a few that are much older. 

The final piece will look something like this:

This was my long-distance travel project last year and I managed a decent amount of progress last year from here in January 2015:

to here in November 2015 (the last time I worked on it):

I had 2 stitching sessions today on a day off instead of my usual one, so I managed a lot of progress!

I'm excited to see the start of his tail and it was really nice to fill in that gap in his wings. I might start on the chest and underbelly now and I hope to add a little blending filament to the thread I'm using for that to give it a little sparkle. I think dragons need a little bit, as you know from my dragonlets. ;) 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

9 comments:

  1. I like stitching things which have blocks of colour! It's nice to see you using your own interpretation instead of variegated thread. I've got a couple of tribal patterns coming up in May and will be doing a similar thing to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a good progress on your WIP!! I like the color substitution you have done, looks interesting compared to the black one in the original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progress Tiffany. I love the colors your using.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thumbs up for your color scheme! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress, doesn't your colourful version looks so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the colors you picked out. Great job! Great progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still amazed when you swap out colors! I would be TERRIFIED!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent progress and great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...